Two-step authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by protecting it with both your password and a second step.
You can enable two-step authentication yourself or your employer can do this for you.
Enable two-step authentication yourself
- Go to the "Security" page to enable two-step authentication. You can find this under "Two-step authentication".
- A wizard will guide you through setting up the second step. Or you will be asked to set this up during your next login.
Setting up two-step authentication during login
If two-step authentication is enabled, you will need to set up how you want to receive your verification code when you next log in.
There are two options:
- Via the Authenticator app [RECOMMENDED] > Verification codes are generated dynamically free of charge by an Authenticator app on your smartphone. It even works when your device has no data connection or mobile service.
- By text message > SD Worx will send you verification codes in text messages (SMS) to your mobile number. This is less dependable and relies on having a good connection to your mobile service.
Login in two steps
If two-step authentication has been set up correctly, you will have to log in with a second step during your next login.
Depending on what you have set up, do this as follows:
Configuring an additional second step
You can set up an additional option so that you can receive your verification code both via the Authenticator app and via text message. This will enable you to help yourself if the other option fails.
- Go to the "Security" page. Under "Two-step authentication", you can set the additional option with which you wish to receive your verification code.
- A wizard will guide you through setting up the second step.
During your next login, you will be able to receive your verification code via the Authenticator app or text message.